STUDENT COMMUNITY DESCRIPTION
Welcome to the Women Student Community!
The goal of this Community is to provide resources that are focused on supporting self-identified female students in navigating their career trajectory and professional success. This guide offers professional development resources, including mentoring and networking opportunities, professional associations, advocacy programs, leadership opportunities, internships, and inclusive employers. We have compiled a list of resources that will assist you with finding support as well as resources for your job and internship search. While the list is not exhaustive, it will help you get started. If you need further assistance, and would like to meet with someone, please feel free to schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor.
Many employers seek to diversify their workforce by hiring, promoting, and advancing women, yet women still continue to face unique challenges and during the job/internship search and in the workplace. Some of these concerns include how to:
- explore career options and identify successful women role models
- evaluate and identify organizations that support the careers of women
- negotiate salaries both for their first job and throughout their careers
- be acknowledged for their work and receive promotions
- garner the same respect for leadership positions as their male colleagues
- grow their network and develop relationships with mentors
We are committed to supporting you with the following resources, workshops, Q&A sessions, and counseling appointments to help navigate these concerns and overcome barriers.