Homeless Solutions, Inc. has been the leader in its field in Morris County for 40 years and we value our staff as the most important part of our continued success. The Case Manager/Vocational Coordinator at HSI will provide client services related to vocational support to our residential shelter program participants. This role provides opportunity for an outstanding direct care experience working side by side with our talented staff who are passionate about fulfilling our mission and helping our clients meet their service plan goals and achieve self-sufficiency.
All applications must be made through the following link:
This role is a part-time onsite position, with opportunity for flexible scheduling including weekends and evenings, up to 24 hours per week. Applicants with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
The Case Manager will be responsible for:
- Collaboration with HSI colleagues to ensure seamless provision of services and wrap-around support for all guests in this program division. Primary accountability will relate to conducting vocational assessments and developing individualized employment (and/or educational) plans. Facilitate group and individual job-readiness training and employment search support including resume building, cover letter writing, interview preparation and job application assistance
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with external employers willing to engage with / train / support / employ HSI guests with the goal of creating a steady pipeline of accessible and rapid job placements for guests
- Leverage the HSI network and community services to coordinate on-site job fairs, hiring events, and other employment focused events throughout the year and serve as the main point of contact for volunteers providing vocational assistance and training.
- Coordinate transportation services/options for guests as needed in order to attend job interviews, career fairs and other vocational events/locations.
- Document case notes in NJHMFA’s HMIS – Homeless Management Information System in a timely manner and in accordance with agency procedures.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience providing direct support to vulnerable populations
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Basic knowledge of applicable software and technology including Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of New Jersey State and Morris County vocational and career resources a plus
- Accuracy and organizational skills
- Regular and predictable onsite attendance during the scheduled hours for this role is an essential function
- Ability to attend occasional offsite and off hour meetings as required by the duties of this role.
- Other physical qualifications as related to this role
HSI is an equal opportunity employer, and we appreciate and celebrate the diversity of our staff. We believe that diversity not only includes race and gender, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of an individual’s identity. HSI recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all policy and actions with equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The points of view of all of our staff are important, and supporting a culture of inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
The Vocational Coordinator will have the opportunity to be part of positive change in the lives of the guests, participants and tenants in our communities. Compensation starting at $20.00 per hour.