What You’ll Get to Do
Are you looking for an opportunity to have an immediate impact supporting the Department of Justice in its critical mission? This is an opportunity for an individual to develop legal document and case management skills supporting criminal prosecutions with the DOJ. You will be exposed to fast-paced, high-profile, and impactful individual and corporate cases that span the globe, while gaining invaluable experience using automated litigation support and eDiscovery tools and resources to add to your skillset.
The Document Management Analyst (DMA) role works closely with prosecutors to assist in the investigation and prosecution of various matters to enforce the laws of the United States, up to and including supporting case management, witness interviews, trial preparation, and in-courtroom trial support. You will learn in a hands-on, immersive environment, which demands a commitment to both individual tasks and the overall mission of the Section. CACI is committed to growing our eDiscovery workforce and has included tuition reimbursement for Relativity certifications, the ACEDS certification and Paralegal Certificates! This is a great opportunity for someone to grow their careers. Please apply if you are interested to hear more!
More About the Role
• Manage legal and case management duties as required by attorneys for criminal investigations and trials..
• Assist with case organization and maintenance; play integral role in preparing team for witness interviews, discovery, and trials.
• Provide in-courtroom assistance, exhibit collection and review, and legal research as needed based on trial demands.
• Utilize eDiscovery platforms to perform document review, communicating detailed summaries and analyses of findings.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with DOJ components, Federal agencies, defense counsel and others as needed.
• Organize and prioritize numerous tasks effectively and complete tasks under strict time constraints.
• Work on multiple cases simultaneously and multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Log and organize incoming and outgoing discovery productions.
• Proofread material as needed for contextual, grammatical, and formatting errors.
• Summarize articles, reports, witness statements.
• Review documents for relevance according to established guidelines and criteria.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree or one (1) year of experience on major litigation support projects
• Highly organized and demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
• Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
• Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government’s office and network environment.
• A knowledgeable user of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
• Deliver consistent high-quality work product in a deadline driven environment under extreme pressure.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications and Adobe Acrobat.
• Familiarity with the Criminal Justice system
• Persistent, diligent attitude towards work assignments.
• DOJ MBI must be obtainable (US Citizenship required).
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
• Automated litigation support experience
• Ability to perform quality control analysis and report any issues with data
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform tasks accurately and quickly
• Customer-focused, congenial, professional attitude for working on-site with government clients
• eDiscovery experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks similar to the duties and responsibilities described
• Document review and Relativity experience
• Bi-lingual preferred