Job Title: Full-time Faculty – Mathematics (Bard High School Early College Newark)
About the Bard Early Colleges
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, BHSEC schools help high school age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college prepared to contribute to the workforce and civic life. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education.
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education school district (NBOE) in Newark, NJ, invites applications for full-time faculty positions in Mathematics. The position start date is April 2024 to complete the 23-24 SY and will continue for the next school year. BHSEC seeks candidates able to teach Mathematics courses at all levels, from high school Algebra through intermediate college-level courses. Ability to teach Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Physics a plus.
Compensation: The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: NTU 2022 Revised Salary Progressions
Location: Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJ
Start Date: April 2024 to close out the end of the NBOE 23-24 SY and to continue next school year
- We are seeking educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds.
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels.
- In addition, candidates will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service.
- Interest in working with high school age students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education
- Experience with recognizing and a commitment to reducing barriers to inclusion are crucial
- Masters Degree is required
- Ph.D., high school teaching experience, and/or experience working with youth is desirable.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/122827
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three references
Work authorization in the United States required for all BHSEC Newark faculty positions. Neither BHSEC Newark nor the NBOE will sponsor visas.
Inquiries may be directed via email to: Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at email@example.com
Review of applications to begin immediately.
Bard College is AA/EOE & welcomes applications from individuals who contribute to its diversity.