Hip-Hop Dance Instructor (Part-Time)
Addie-tude Cultural Arts Center is committed to building and expanding the dance community while offering Cultural, formal, and mainstream dance. The vision of our program is to offer kids and adults a top notch dance education while providing a nurturing and memorable experience.
About the Role:
Addie-tude Cultural Arts Center is seeking a Hip-Hop Dance Instructor to lead dance sessions and teach children (ages 4+), teens and adults of different skill levels from beginner to intermediate. The ideal individual for the role will be patient, outgoing, confident, friendly and most importantly fun!
Work Schedule & Transportation:
We are looking for an instructor that is available to teach one or two classes every week on Saturdays. Approximately at 12:00pm-2:00pm. Schedule may vary and be flexible +/- 1 hour depending on instructor and students schedules. Possible opportunities to teach during weeknights, if available.
We prefer to consider candidates that live in or near Westchester County with reliable transportation. Must have a car to get to our studio located in Pleasantville.
What you will do:
- Create and lead dance classes for children, teens and adults of different skill levels.
- Consistently arrive at your class on time (or early!)
- Interact with the audience, encouraging participation and involvement.
- Deliver age-appropriate performances that are entertaining, educational, and culturally enriching.
- Collaborate with event organizers to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience for all attendees.
- Maintain a professional and enthusiastic demeanor.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 2 years experience teaching dance classes and working with youth, teens and adults in a structured setting.
- A dynamic personality that really comes alive in a classroom setting.
- Passion for working with kids and adults at a beginner level.
- The ability to adapt curriculum and insert your teaching style into it.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Stage performance background.
- Music editing for dance purposes, preferred but not required.
- Both virtual and In-person teaching experience is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish would be helpful, but not required.